Welcome!

I've begun a quest to create delicious foods that I can eat! I have about 40 food allergies. I went to my natropath, Dr. Heather Roberts, in December of 2009. I thought she was going to give me some ointment to make my acne go away. Little did I know that the cause of my acne was so many toxins built up in my body that my kidney and liver couldn't handle it. So my body was pushing the toxins through my skin. Lovely, right? Well, through some muscle testing we found that because I was eating all of these foods I was allergic to I was continuing to get more toxins in my body. Now I am eating allergen free. A lot of people think it's odd. Some people think it's cool. I think it's annoying. I've had to change my lifestyle so I can cook and eat. I have to bring my own food to social gatherings and then answer any questions. However, I'm seeing the benefits. I have more energy, my mind is more clear, and I eat amazing food. So, I created this blog as an easy way to share my experiences and my food. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sicilian Chicken Marinade

I work at a restaurant as a cook on campus at BYU. We have this amazing Sicilian Chicken Marinade. The original recipe makes 100 chicken breasts but I've cut it way down. Mathematically cut, the recipe has way too much lemon. The next time I made it, to take it to a church BBQ, I didn't really measure anything. So here's my estimates now. lol

6 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups olive oil
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon chopped garlic

If the chicken is thawed, marinade for at least 30 minutes. If it's frozen, marinade until it is thawed and marinade for another 30 minutes.


I'll try this again soon sticking to the recipe so I can report back on whether it's accurate. But you go ahead and try it! A big part of cooking is experimentation. It becomes very fun. :)

1 comment:

  1. This one will be great with REAL fresh-squeezed lemon juice when I'm at home in AZ. Mmm. I'm excited. We're always looking for new recipes involving lemon, and this one is really good. I'm glad you get to enjoy it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete