Welcome!

I've begun a quest to create delicious foods that I can eat! I have about 40 food allergies. I went to my natropath, Dr. Heather Roberts, in December of 2009. I thought she was going to give me some ointment to make my acne go away. Little did I know that the cause of my acne was so many toxins built up in my body that my kidney and liver couldn't handle it. So my body was pushing the toxins through my skin. Lovely, right? Well, through some muscle testing we found that because I was eating all of these foods I was allergic to I was continuing to get more toxins in my body. Now I am eating allergen free. A lot of people think it's odd. Some people think it's cool. I think it's annoying. I've had to change my lifestyle so I can cook and eat. I have to bring my own food to social gatherings and then answer any questions. However, I'm seeing the benefits. I have more energy, my mind is more clear, and I eat amazing food. So, I created this blog as an easy way to share my experiences and my food. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chicken A La King

This has become a real favorite for me. I took it from a bunch of different recipes and made up my own. Hope you like it! I sure do!

Chicken A La King

Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts
3 cups uncooked long grain brown rice
One medium onion, chopped
Half of a Green Bell Pepper, chopped
Half of a Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup rice milk
salt
pepper

Instructions:
1) Cook the rice in about 7 cups of water.
2) Boil chicken breasts in water and onion.
3) Put chicken, onion, and water in separate bowl, cut chicken into bite size pieces, set aside.
4) Melt butter in same pan used to boil chicken.
5) Add peppers, sauté until tender.
6) Blend in brown rice flour.
7) Add rice milk and mix.
8) Add water and onion from chicken, stir until desired consistency is achieved, if it's still too thick, add water or rice milk for a richer flavor.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
10) Serve on top of brown rice.

And now back to studying for my final. :) Think good thoughts for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment