Welcome!

I've begun a quest to create delicious foods that I can eat! I have about 40 food allergies. I went to my natropath, Dr. Heather Roberts, in December of 2009. I thought she was going to give me some ointment to make my acne go away. Little did I know that the cause of my acne was so many toxins built up in my body that my kidney and liver couldn't handle it. So my body was pushing the toxins through my skin. Lovely, right? Well, through some muscle testing we found that because I was eating all of these foods I was allergic to I was continuing to get more toxins in my body. Now I am eating allergen free. A lot of people think it's odd. Some people think it's cool. I think it's annoying. I've had to change my lifestyle so I can cook and eat. I have to bring my own food to social gatherings and then answer any questions. However, I'm seeing the benefits. I have more energy, my mind is more clear, and I eat amazing food. So, I created this blog as an easy way to share my experiences and my food. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ginger Bread Cookies

Ginger Bread Cookies 1 cup softened butter 1 cup organic sugar 1 egg 1 cup molasses 2 tablespoons vinegar 5 cups all purpose gluten free flour mix 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 3 teaspoons ground ginger 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground cloves Cream shortening and sugar, beat in egg, molasses and vinegar. Blend in dry ingredients. Chill the dough for 3+ hours. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick onlightly floured surface. Cut into shapes. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-6 minutes. Cool slightly, remove cookies to cooling rack. Makes about 5 dozen. P.S. Do not use this for gingerbread houses - it's too soft... this is just for yummy cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment